Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Why a Civil War blog???

So before delving into the Civil War I thought it would be wise to give a bit of my background and the events that inspired the creating of this blog.  I come from a hispanic family, my dad being from Ecuador and my mother from Cuba, and was born here in SC.  Growing up, the Civil War was one of my least favorite parts of history as I just couldn't understand why such great men as Jackson and Lee could be in favor of slavery, that the Southerners wanted to destroy the Union etc.etc.etc.  At the begginning of the past school year my mother assigned me a 20 page project on the Civil War based on the book "The Un-Civil War" by Mike Scruggs. Needless to say I wasn't too thrilled but after studying around for a bit I was amazed to start learning the real facts about the War and the 20 page project grew into a 49 page project with 6 mini biographies, a Fort Sumter timeline, a Major Battle Chart and quite a bit more. I was thrilled learning all this information and wanted to share it with everyone I encountered and after talking non-stop about my studies to a friend, the idea of creating a blog on which to post my findings popped up and thus this new blog was made. I'm thrilled to be able to write and get the truth out to people and hope y'all enjoy reading my Civil War reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment